Posted on 2019-05-01
I'm working on
- Adding eslint rules using eslint-plugin-jsx-a11y to Sprout Social's web app repository as warnings and flipping them to errors once they are resolved.
- Added helper functions using jest-axe so we can include accessibility in our unit tests.
- Teaching my fellow web coworkers more about accessibility and making sure our design system is built with accessibility baked in from the beginning.
- Learning react-testing-library - I really like how accessibility is built in, such as that you can query by label id and test the application as a user would use it.
I'm keeping my eye on
- Ryan Florence's ReachUI Components - he's building common React components with accessibility in mind